Thursday, September 11, 2008

32 week update

32 week baby bump. Now ya see it.












Now ya don't.


32 weeks down only 8 ish or so to go! Everyone keeps telling me how I'm so close but I tell ya 8 weeks feels like forever away. We had our 32 week appointment today and I'm happy to report that as suspected it was very uneventful. Baby's heart rate looks good, measuring right on time, Mama's BP is good, doesn't appear that this kiddo is trying to arrive anytime soon. All around a good report for all. We go back in two weeks (9/25) for our 34 week checkup. I feel very lucky that all in all this pregnancy so far (knock on wood) has gone remarkably well. I've felt great pretty much most of the time and really can't complain. I've managed to keep working mostly at my regular pace and I'm still able to get some exercise in though I admit it's not nearly as frequent as it was during the second trimester but something is better than nothing. All in all I really have enjoyed being pregnant so far and do not feel overly ready for it to be over just yet. The only real complaint I have is how ridiculous I now look at work in my overly huge scrubs. Suellen, in answer to that question you asked me long ago about maternity scrubs I can honestly tell you that yes they are that awful. The problem is that stores don't really sell maternity scrubs per se they just instruct you to wear a larger size so this normally size small girl is now wearing size large scrubs to accomodate the growing belly. First my coworkers gave me a hard time because I was growing out of my scrubs and needed to buy new ones and now they make fun because I look so ridiculous. There is no pleasing these people!

Kirk and I have been very busy the last couple of weeks with various classes. Last Saturday was our first childbirth class and I actually enjoyed it. My favorite moment came when the instructor was talking with the class about enemas and how some docs still require patient's to have them blah, blah, blah. She then went on to explain that this was an "invasive procedure" at which point a random husband in the class got a very puzzled expression on his face and asked"how is that invasive?" At this point came my favorite moment when my husband looked at him like he was insane and said "how is that NOT invasive??" Hehe, gotta love it. Kirk then looked at me and wispered "wonder what they do for fun". That's my husband! We also went to our first parenting class on Tuesday night where we learned to do baby care basics such as diapering, swaddling, and bathing oh my. I told Kirk that by the time we're done with these classes in three weeks we should be fully certified to have a baby. Somehow I don't think he was convinced.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

So exciting! I am just waiting for you to start the "oh get this baby out of me!" like some of my other friends. Heheh! Hope to be able to see him soon!

Jamie said...

I am so happy that you have felt so wonderful during this pregnancy! There will come a time (very soon) where Sara ^^^ is right....GET HIM OUT OF ME NOW! But enjoy the fun part now....you don't have to change them, feed them, etc......I often ask Abbie if she wants back in so I don't have to deal with her! HAHA

Me on Metatrophin said...

LOL!! My brother, my brother! Can't say his comments surprise me, but they definitely entertain me! HA! I kinda agree.....
There's NO WAY you look silly even in big tent scrubs. You look great and very healthy, and I am sooo glad you have been able to "enjoy" your pregnancy! See you next weekend!

The Wade Family said...

I didn't even think about giving you my scrubs! I should have done that a long time ago! Do you still want them? I agree, my normally size small was wearing an almost XL top by week 34 and I refused to by new scrubs at that point. Anyway, I give you about 2-3 weeks before you get to the "get him out of me" stage! Enjoy it! I can't wait to see you!

Tabitha said...

Caroline, I know exactly what you mean I refuse to buy anymore! They're expensive enough as it is. I think I have enough now to last me through the next few weeks. I will just look absolutely ridiculous until then. I've already accepted it and am quasi okay with it even! :)

Jamie said...

My mom asked me for an updated pic of your belly so I shared your blog with her (hope you don't mind). She called my Dad to come and look at your bump and he got all teary eyed and said, "she is just beautiful!" Let this be a warning....as they become grandparents...they get REALLY sappy!!!

Unknown said...

hehe... i'm with everyone else. i think you'll be ready to get that baby boy out of there by the first or second week of october. can't wait until your shower this weekend. alex and i got you the cutest card when we were shopping earlier today.

by the way, do you still have my sex and the city cd?

Me on Metatrophin said...

Wonderful party yesterday-- just wish we'd had longer! It was such fun to look through "Denephew's" things! Hope you can do the same when "Deniece" gets here! LOL!