Wednesday, March 11, 2009

4 month stats




In celebration of his four month birthday Ian had a checkup with the pediatrician Tuesday and he is now up to....
17 lbs and 27 inches, this puts him in the 90th percentile for his age!! The appointment turned out to be good timing as I was getting a bit concerned about the little guy since he's been congested, snotty, and had a nasty cough for a couple of weeks now and every time he seemed to be getting better it seemed like he'd sound worse again. Turns out he's got a bit of an ear infection so we have been filling him full of antibiotics and cough syrup for the last couple of days. Luckily it seems to be helping though and he now finally seems to be on the mend. The Dr. also gave us clearance to start baby cereal anytime we're ready. I'm hoping that when we do give it a whirl maybe it'll help fill up his belly and he'll sleep a little longer at night, a girl can dream right???

Today was a pretty big day for us as apparently Ian rolled over for the first time. I say apparently because neither Kirk or myself witnessed it. I was upstairs taking a nap after work and Kirk had put him on the floor on his belly. The next time he glanced over at him he was on his back. Though we didn't actually see it we're still exciting. Hopefully we'll be able to actually witness it soon. He's also grabbing at things and holding them in both his hands now. He's changed so much already that it's hard to believe it's only been four months since he was born. I'm constantly amazed at how much he's changed, how much we've learned, and how far we've all come in these last four months.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

He looks like Katie to me! Crazy, huh? He is so cute and so big! That was about how big Mose was so you will have a big boy for sure!

Jamie said...

It looks like he is watching TV in the second pic--like his Daddy! I can't believe how big he is!!!

Me on Metatrophin said...

Sweet!!! I love my big boy!!!