Sunday, August 16, 2009

Pensacola

This past week we headed down to Pensacola for both a family beach vacation and to see some old friends from college get married. I was thrilled to be able to take the whole week off work and just spend some much needed quality time with both Ian and Kirk without having to worry about the hustle and bustle of the normal day to day grind. My only complaint is that it wasn't nearly long enough. The trip was definitely a bit different than I had originally envisioned since Ian decided to start pulling up just a few short days before we left meaning he was very busy the whole time we were there. Needless to say it wasn't a very relaxing trip but it was a lot of fun. We got to introduce Ian to both the pool (which he loved from the very start) and the beach (which most definitely took some warm up time). The first day or so that we took Ian to the beach he cried both when I tried to put him down in the sand and when I tried to put his feet in the ocean so we gave it up and just headed to the pool where he had a great time splashing and playing around with us and watching the older kids. After that we just took him out to the beach and gradually introduced him to the sand and water very slowly by first letting him sit in my lap then letting him sit in the sand on a baby float and gradually sneaking him onto the sand before he could realize where he was. By the end of the trip he was sitting in the sand playing happily and sitting at the edge of the water with me watching daddy swim in the ocean. After spending the whole week just having fun and spending time with my sweet baby boy it's going to be very hard to head back to work this week.
Family Photo


Asleep in the Cabana





How did I get here?



This picture was taken during an early morning walk on the beach. The sound of the waves lulled him to sleep before we could get back to the condo.



Sand Discovery


Loving riding on daddy's shoulders

Last but not least I had to share my favorite moment of the day. As I was running water for Ian's bath tonight he decided to pull up on the tub beside me and observe. Could he be any cuter? I think not.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

OMG...you have got to print that one of you holding him asleep in BW and frame it...what a precious moment! So glad to hear you guys had fun!!! It's definitely NOT relaxing in the way that you remember it with just you and your hubby...but it IS wonderful to see them experience things for the first time! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!