Tuesday, August 12, 2008

$1000 + dinner at Zaxby's??!!!

Sunday night started out innocently enough. Kirk and I were looking forward to going to a friend's house for dinner which is always a good time. That afternoon/early evening we decided to run around town to get some errands done prior to dinner. While we were out and about at Lowe's (our home away from home) we get a call from our friends informing us that one of their children has a fever and while they still want us to come to dinner they will leave the decision up to us. As much as we hated to Kirk and I decided it would be best to stay away from that situation since we had no idea what the kiddo had that could be giving him a fever and since I didn't want to take a chance on getting baby boy sick and myself sick. Since we were already out and about and starving (go figure) we decided to go out and grab a quick bite at Zaxby's, not quite the steak dinner we had been planning on but at least I didn't have to cook! Little did we know this one small decision would later cost us.

Dinner at Zaxby's was like any other that I knew of so as I was leaving the restaurant I was in my own little world planning out what I would do when I got home. Apparently Kirk was doing the same thing because as he walked my to the car and opened my door for me and I climbed in and got buckled in to leave we both managed to miss this lovely little site:
















The only reason we noticed this prior to driving off is because a nice couple came and pointed out the damage informing us that someone had, of course, hitten our car in the parking lot and driven off. Luckily the man was observant and got a vague description of the driver, the car, and the tag #. When we filed the police report the officer informed us that if our witness could identify the driver and if we wanted to press charges this lovely human being would get at most a ticket while we of course, the innocent bystanders, get stuck with what I'm sure will be at least a $1000 to fix my car bumper. Oh well, what can you do. Most shocking about this whole incident? The fact that I didn't even get upset. I actually told Kirk "oh well "stuff" happens, what can you do." Yeah, I think he was as shocked as I was about my outlook on the whole ordeal. All I can say is at least it wasn't a brand new car. It's a little easier to take when you know your car is 10 years old and you're about to replace it anyway. Dinner was good, worth $1000? The jury's still out on this one.

Our next appointment with the OB is tommorrow. I will be 28 weeks pregnant with only about 12 weeks (give or take a couple) left to go. I can't believe how fast time is going by now! We are so very excited for our little guy to get here in a few short months!








7 comments:

Me on Metatrophin said...

That's terrible!! I can't believe somebody would drive off after that--CHICKEN! I go for my appointment on Monday-- I'll be almost 25 weeks. Time does fly!

Jessica said...

What kind of car are you looking at? My car is also 10 yrs old and we are looking into a station wagon - woohoo! Geez, 3 months left, not long. And Suellen - not long for you either! Lots of babies will be running around soon! miss you!

Unknown said...

That sucks. But I am in the same boat...I don't really care what happens to the car...it has served well. Glad you aren't upset over it!

Tabitha said...

Jess we're looking at a Honda Accord. You go with your station wagon!! I used to love sitting in the back facing the other cars in the old school models!

Me on Metatrophin said...

Accords Rock! I had one BK (before kids) and it was awesome! I got it new as a 1999-- boy how time flies. I know SUVs are the crap list right now, but I am hopelessly devoted to my Honda Pilot. It meets all our needs in comfort and is a great haulin' vehicle. Best of luck in picking one-- the 2009s should be on the road soon!

Unknown said...

Chris told me about your car last night. That sucks. I guess you'll be getting that new car pretty soon.

Jessica - my husband and I are looking at station wagons as well.

Cathy said...

That was karma smacking into your bumper, girl! It's saying hurry up and get your new car cause that new car smell has a shelf life on it. You need to enjoy that smell before it morphs into the spit up and baby, well..you know, smell!;)
Seriously though, if it had to happen, rather it was a parked car and y'all weren't in it. Love you!