Wednesday, August 13, 2008

28 Weeks Today!!

Officially 28 weeks pregnant today and as promised had my regular 4 week checkup with the OB and so far so good. Baby's heartbeat was in the 140's. I'm measuring right on track and best of all I only gained 1 pound since my last appointment. This is a definite far cry from my 24 week appointment when I got lectured by the doctor for packing on 7 pounds in four weeks. Honestly I know that's excessive but I have no idea what on earth I could have done differently four weeks ago than what I'm doing now or have been doing the whole time. Who knows. I also got the results back from my GD test and all's clear with that too. Let me tell you that was one test that I can honestly say I truly enjoyed since it allowed me to eat a whole king sized whatchamacallit candy bar and drink a Dr. Pepper in 15 minutes per DR's orders. Doesn't get much better than that!!

Kirk and I are slowly but surely getting things done in preparation for our little guy's arrival. Bedroom furniture has finally been ordered though I'm not convinced it or the bedding will be here before he arrives. He officially has a space reserved at Primrose Daycare for February. This past weekend Kirk began diligently working on getting the room ready. So far he's almost gotten the closet organization system done and crown molding up. Next step painting and then it's just a matter of waiting until all the stuff for the room comes in.

It's amazing how the farther I get into this pregnancy the faster it seems like the time goes. I have a feeling these next 12 weeks are going to fly by.
Since we only have about 12 weeks left I figure it's finally time to post some recent pics, with, most importantly of course a recent belly pic.

Kirk caught me here napping with my three boy after work. I love this pic as it sums up perfectly just how I feel after work these days.












Lynchberg Tennessee at the Jack Daniel's distillary tour for Kirk's birthday. Doug, my boyfriend Jack, me 25 weeks 3 days pregnant, and Kirk.










27 weeks 4 days belly pic











Next up our 4D ultrasound on 8/26.























8 comments:

Me on Metatrophin said...

Love the photos-- I don't really have a "belly photo" because my belly is not actually defined. I look like a cylinder-- round and the same size all the way down! I did put one on my blog of all of us. I do my Glucose test this Monday....Gross Glucola!!

Jessica said...

My glucose test is gross orange stuff they make you drink - I would LOVE a candy bar and Dr. Pepper!

You look precious, love your cute scrubs and good Lord the cats have gotten huge!!! I guess I just think about them as kitties!

Tabitha said...

Jess and Suellen you two have seriously been jipped out of the joy of the glucose screen. ;P

Me on Metatrophin said...

HA! You are actually the first I've heard of getting to have a candy bar and a Dr. Pepper! Everyone else I know has "cola" or "orange." How'd ya get so lucky?

Tabitha said...

Sue - My Doctor's office just rocks. Either that or he just really knows how to get on the good side of a pregnant woman! :P

Cathy said...

Same group of doctors I went to back in the day. We Tutten (Williams) women know how to pick our doctors AND our candy bars!!

Unknown said...

You look great sweetie, definitely have the maternal glow going on. I'm glad everything's going so well. I love the picture of you and your cats, they are beautiful! Keep the pictures coming. I'm looking forward to the 4D ultrasound, should really be able to see some great detail on it. I have great faith in Kirk's ability to get the nursery just right before that little boy arrives. Keep the info coming. Love you, :-)

Jamie said...

I AM TOTALLY STALKING YOU TODAY WAITING ON BABY WILLIAMS' PICS!!!! LOVE YOU GUYS! J,R,& A