Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

This is my very first post using my brand new laptop, woohoo. Types like a champ!! :) Okay, now that I have that out of my system.

2008 was a fun and exciting year for our family and though in a lot of ways I hate to see it go I look forward to this year and all of the firsts we will get to experience with Ian. It's amazing the difference that just one year can make. I started out 08' hopeful that this would be the year my greatest wish would be full filled, I felt uncertain but kept trying, rather unsuccessfully at times, to remain hopeful and positive. Thanks to my many wonderful family, friends, and a few complete strangers I managed to keep my sanity through the most trying times. I had no idea as I rang in 2008 that this would be the year that would bring some of the greatest and happiest moments of my entire life. We experienced so many wonderful things this past year: the moment we found out we would become parents, seeing our baby and hearing his heart beating for the first time, finding out we were having a little boy, sharing our news and happiness with our friends and family, celebrating our upcoming arrival, our baby shower, setting up the nursery, experiencing pregnancy in all of its glory, the birth of our baby boy, bringing him home, his first holidays. WOW, It's going to be hard to top 08'!! Can't wait to see what 09' has in store for us.

"our lives are made
in these small hours
these little wonders,
these twists & turns of fate
time falls away,
but these small hours,
these small hours still remain"

- Rob Thomas - Little Wonders

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I would love some pics of this "so-called-nursery" completed :) Puhlease!

Tabitha said...

Perhaps I shouldn't have said completing the nursery since it is still not finished. If it ever gets finished I will post some pics, I promise!! Slacker mommy strikes again.