Wednesday, October 15, 2008

October or November??

Only three weeks to go until Baby Williams is due so we are now officially playing the waiting game and biding our time until he decides to make his big debut. Since I know that he could be born anytime between now and a week or two after our due date I've really been wondering lately just when his birthday will be. Will it be November or October? Will he be born before, after, or right around his due date. What do you guys think? Apparently there is a guessing pool of sorts going on at Kirk's work right now. Don't know why but it cracks me up to think of a bunch of grown men sitting around trying to guess Baby W's due date all so they can win a coveted bag of m&m's, or whatever the prize is, I say m&m's because apparently that was the going prize the time Kirk won one of these things. The girls at my work are convinced it will be a Halloween birthday. My guess is he'll be born sometime during the last week of October. Of course now that I'm saying this he'll probably be stubborn and be a week or two overdue. I sincerely hope it doesn't happen that way but I also know that I have absolutely no control over the situation. My mom is convinced that it will either be October 2oth or 31st since both of my brothers have decided to schedule their wisdom tooth removal for these dates and she will be busy shuttling them around town those days. I figure whenever it does happen it will be during the wee hours of the morning anyway, isn't that the way these things usually work?

We had our last appointment yesterday and things are continuing to progress right along. Here are the stats for those that want to know: 1cm dilated, 50% effaced and -2 station at 37 weeks. As we're leaving our appointment on Tuesday Kirk looks at me and says "ya know, I'm starting to think we're about to have a kid." So I guess at 37 weeks pregnant the reality of the situation is finally starting to kick in for my husband as D day is now in our not so distant future. I'm still feeling pretty well but do have to admit that I'm getting pretty tired these days and fantasize multiple times during my work days about going to my office and taking a nap. I feel huge, can't breathe and can't do anything around the house without my upper back aching so all that being said my feelings will not be hurt if this kiddo decides to arrive in a week or so. I don't even want to think about getting any bigger than I am right now! I've also been having some lower back aches/cramps lately that my doc says could be contractions. I haven't had anything really that I could tell was an abdominal contraction yet. Anyone else have this experience? Our next appointment is set for Monday 10/21 at just shy of 38 weeks.

In other news Kirk and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary last week. As most of you know we usually celebrate our anniversary by going on a trip. First year: Biltmore, second year: Outer banks, third year: Blue Ridge Georgia cabin, this year: trip to the hospital to bring back our very permanent souvenir. Since we're not really going on our usual trip Kirk went all out this year and got me THE most fabulous gift EVER. A beautiful, black, brand new Kate Spade purse and wallet. That's right he went to the Kate Spade store all by himself, told the sales girl about a purse his wife had seen three weeks ago that she loved and bought the most fabulous anniversary gift ever!!! How sweet is that?? It's hard to believe it's been 8 whole years since we first met and 4 years since we were married, time really does fly.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

OMG! GO KIRK! Loved talking last night. Thanks for checking on my sweetie...LOVE YOU! JD

Jessica said...

OH wow! He did good! I think you'll go early... I hope for your sake - baby's already full term anyway!!!

Unknown said...

i forgot to tell you last night that you are officially full term so technically, you could have the baby tomorow...

Me on Metatrophin said...

I want to see the purse! Kirk is such a good gift giver!

As for my nephew-- I have always said October 31. I dreamed about that date a long time ago! That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

To play the Devil's Advocate--with a first pregnancy, you know it's more than likely that you'll see your due date, so if you tell yourself that, then a bit early will be a welcome relief! I walked around 3 cm dialated and pumped up for 3 stinkin' weeks. He was still 9 days late! Oct. 23 is G's birthday. Wouldn't that be funny? Try to hold out until the 27th or after, cause Mom is planning to come for G's birthday! HA!! I promise I will send her back if the time comes, but wait a few days and save her the trip! I will come the Saturday after ya'll get home from the hospital to hold him and see ya'll before I am laid up myself......i CAN'T WAIT TO MEET BOTH COUSINS!!!