Thursday, October 30, 2008

Induction date set

Only 6 days left until our due date! I can't believe we're so close now. All checked out well at our 39 week appointment today. We have some slight progress since the last appointment (2 and 80%) and are just continuing to wait it out at this point. Our next appointment is scheduled for next Tuesday 11/4 (election day). If we don't have a baby next week then we will be going to the hospital on Monday 11/10 for an induction. (We'll get more information on that at our appointment next week provided we make it.) That gives us a maximum of only One and a half weeks until we meet our little guy!! That also gives me a maximum of only one more week at work until I'm out for 12 weeks of maternity leave!! I am so excited to get to spend the holidays at home with the new baby this year and not having to worry about work for a few months so we can have that time to get to know each other. In the meantime I'll be taking advantage of the little bit of time we have left to get things ready, pamper myself, and spend some QT with Kirk. I started the pampering process today with a fresh new haircut and fully intend to treat myself to a pedicure and some sleep this weekend. Time to squeeze in all the little luxuries we can before baby boy arrives.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I think your pampering plans and QT with Kirk sound great!!! I can't wait to meet your little guy! I am in the boat that thinks you will go before the 10th though.....get to walking girl!

Me on Metatrophin said...

You definitely won't make it to the induction date. That's 5 days past your due date! It could still be tonight like I predicted, you know......Eat some Mexican food or Eggplant Parmesan (sp?)!! That's what the girls around here say induces labor! HA!

Unknown said...

do you want to do pedicures on saturday?

Jessica said...

I also don't think you'll make it to your induction. I don't think you'll make it to next week (wishful thinking :)

Can we get some pics of that new 'do?

Pedicures are supposed to help speed things up towards the end also, so jump on that bandwagon soon!

Can't wait to meet the little mystery man!