Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Election Day!!

Voting today was surprisingly easy. Kirk and I walked in, went right up to the counter, voted, and were back in the car leaving the polling place all within about 10 minutes maximum. Not too shabby considering we figured it would be an hour wait just to vote since this is such a historic election and all. I don't know if we just really lucked out or if the people with last names at the end of the alphabet just weren't voting but we were very pleasantly surprised. This is the one thing I wanted to do before the baby arrived so he now has my permission to show up whenever he wants!! I hope everyone else was able to get out and vote today. If an almost 40 weeks pregnant lady can make it out anyone can, no excuses people. Don't know about the rest of you but I am just so glad that the election mania will be winding down soon. Things I am looking forward to the most now that this election is almost over: one by one the campaign signs will start coming down, the Newsweek magazines might finally have something on the cover besides Election 08' stuff, No more automated phone calls encouraging you to elect whatever candidate they're calling about, and last but not least no more campaign ad commercials with candidates smearing each other. I have decided Baby W is waiting until after the election to arrive so he can prepare himself for the kind of world he will be born into. :)

Kirk and I went to our last prenatal appointment today. We are at a standstill as No change has occurred since we last went 5 days ago. Something tells me our little boy will not be showing up for his due date. I'm actually expecting to go all the way until Monday when our induction is scheduled to take place. I'm a little disappointed as I was hoping to avoid the whole induction/pitocin thing but have to admit that within the last few days I have officially entered that period everyone told me would come where I am just ready to get this kid out and quite frankly will be fine with whatever method it takes to do just that. We have been instructed to show up to labor and delivery at 6:00 am on Monday morning 11/10 for the induction. I will also be making a trial run to L&D this Thursday as I have been ordered to go for a Non Stress Test just to make sure everything is good with the baby's heart rate. The Dr wants this done just as a precaution to make sure it will be okay to wait until Monday to deliver him. Everything looked great today at our appointment so we just continue to wait...... As usual we'll keep everyone posted as things unfold.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

WOO HOO!!!! Little man will be here so soon!

Jessica said...

If you haven't had little man by Monday I will see you then... if you have him earlier then I will come this weekend.

Me on Metatrophin said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh.........I CAN'T WAIT!!