Monday, November 17, 2008

One week old today

Our sweet baby boy is one whole week old today. I have to admit that this makes me a little sad as it seems that time is now flying by. If only I could do something to slow things down..... We got home from the hospital last Wednesday and luckily for me both my mom and mother in law were here to see us through it. Suzanne was such a big help preparing us meals, getting us groceries, and doing some things around the house. We were exhausted from our stay in the hospital and appreciated all the help we could get. Wednesday night and Thursday were definitely trying to say the least. Ian was fussy since he was hungry and we were having breastfeeding issues. I was a mess and luckily for me as soon as I had a crying conversation with my mom she and my dad came to the rescue with baby assistance and dinner! I swear those first couple of days home I felt like the new baby trying to care for the new baby. Things are better now though. My biggest challenge so far has been, believe it or not, with breastfeeding. We are trying to hang in there and stick it out but it has definitely been trying at times. I now see why so many women give up on the whole breastfeeding thing within the first couple of weeks. I don't know what women did back in the days of no breast pumps or lactation consultants.

Kirk has been a tremendous help this past week and I am so grateful for the time he has been able to take off work to spend time with the new baby/ look after and help me. He has been wonderful with Ian and I love to see them together. His patience with him has truly amazed me. I don't know how I would have kept my sanity or made it without him and again this whole experience has made me wonder just how single parents do it.

Here are some pictures from Ian's first week of life.

Meeting mommy for the first time:










6 comments:

Jessica said...

I am crying! He is so precious! I want to hold him! I am in love with the picture of Kirk and Ian... Kirk looks so strong (weird I know) and Ian looks so tiny. It's like he is guarding his offspring ;)

Keep up the good work and hang in there with the breastfeeding. It's hard at first but once the "issues" are dealt with it get so much easier

Jamie said...

Girl-get off the computer and go to bed! I agree with Jess, I love the picture of Kirk holding him. It looks like he is holding a little football! Yeah for grandparents-they are wonderful and always a huge help! Can't wait to see you guys again!

Tabitha said...

Thanks Jess!!We are loving having our sweet little guy to cuddle.

Unknown said...

Yeah, the picture of Kirk is really fun. He has a "tv watching" face on or like he is trying to hide that he thinks it is awesome he can relax with the Tv and fool you into thinking he is helping with the baby. "Oh no, honey, I got this."

Me on Metatrophin said...

Great photos and sweet post! I am so looking forward to getting us all together soon.

Tabitha said...

Lol Sara. Sounds about right. :)