Thursday, November 20, 2008

Scrub a Dub Dub Ian's First time in the Tub

Ian's first tub bath:

We took advantage of Ian's wide awake period this afternoon and decided to give him his fist official tub bath and he loved it!! Not one peep out of him until we took him out of the tub. Of course the bath was not without incident. First order of business once we put him in the tub? To pee in the clean bath water, on the bathroom counter including the cute decorative clock, and mirror. Surprised momma didn't see that one coming! After the bath I had my sweet baby all nice and clean and smelling good with a nice clean diaper, clean cute outfit, lotion applied, and set to go. Next order of business? Load up our clean diaper. Sweet. Not only did we load up our clean diaper but we also decided to go on our changing pad cover and nice clean outfit before momma could get the new clean diaper on. I think he was having fun with me at this point. Another change of outfit later and he was down for the count. What a night!!

Down for the count after our "eventful evening":

4 comments:

Jamie said...

He is so cute. I was just thinking this morning..hmm, Kirk said his belly button came off, I bet they put him in that tub for his first bath...Hmmm, I hope they send pics!!!! He is so kissable and squeezable...I just LOVE that age!

Jessica said...

Wow! that was fast - he's not even 2 weeks old yet. Moseley was 3 weeks old b4 his fell off. I was itching to give him a real bath at that point. Ian is too cute - I think he's beautiful!

Me on Metatrophin said...

HA!! That's pretty funny! He's initiating you already, and it looks like you're still in the game! He's so handsome! Great genes from both sides!

Tabitha said...

Thanks Aunt Sue!!